The first ever real-time AI solution for cancer detection and classification in Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT).
What is Zeno AI?
Zeno AI offers users an AI solution that performs its analysis in real-time during an endoscopic examination of the throat (laryngoscopy). Zeno AI is setup without any connection to the outside world, therefore ensuring full cybersecurity.
What is the problem?
In only 30% of the cases a trained specialist (ENT-surgeon) can identify and classify the tissue correctly (for regular medical doctors, this is even harder). In the other 70% of the cases, out of pre-caution, specialists recommend that medical doctors perform a surgery (a biopsy or invasive complete tissue removal under general anaesthesia).
Longer waiting times
The complexity of instantly classifying laryngeal cancer and lesions lead to longer waiting times. In the Netherlands, on average 37 days pass before a patient gets treatment.
High costs are associated with the detection and classification of laryngeal lesions. These costs are the highest when an ENT surgeon is in doubt of the type of lesion.
Waiting time and survival
The longer a patient has to wait for treatment, the worse the overall survival. There is a strong scientific proven correlation between waiting time and overall survival of patients suffering from laryngeal cancers.
Instant expert knowledge
Real-time localisation and classification of laryngeal lesions during an endoscopic examination. ENT surgeons instantly get the expert knowledge of Head & Neck surgeons in an AI decision-support system with the power of the deep learning Zeno AI algorithm.
Zeno AI reduces time to analyse complex laryngeal lesions and provides users reliable and precise predictions on the localisation and classification. Zeno AI can potentially reduce waiting time to one day, enhancing the treatment of laryngeal cancers significantly.
Zeno AI can reduce healthcare costs significantly. By aiding ENT surgeons to choose follow-ups and treatment options more precise and accurate, the estimated cost savings for the Netherlands are €320.000 per ENT surgeon per year. If all ENT surgeons would use Zeno AI in the Netherlands, this could save €154 million a year.
Zeno AI is developed as a closed system with no external connections. This setup protects patients and their data in full.
How Zeno AI works
The difficulty to instantly classify laryngeal cancer and lesions leads to a longer waiting time for treatment, which can reduce the overall survival outcome for patients. Furthermore, there are high costs associated with diagnosing head and neck tumours, which can be ineffective.
Using Zeno AI will give ENT-surgeons a real-time AI analysis platform for early laryngeal cancer detection that can be utilised during an endoscopic examination (laryngoscopy). Zeno AI considerably reduces time to analyse complex medical data and assists in diagnosing laryngeal cancer faster.
Zeno AI brings the expert opinion of Head and Neck surgeons to outpatient clinics by providing instantaneous localisation and classification of laryngeal lesions on endoscopic video’s. Faster laryngeal cancer diagnosis can reduce healthcare costs and enables a faster care plan for patients.
See how it works
Watch the video to see how to use Zeno AI.